Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu: Week 1


So here's what we ate all week! (kind of like a menu plan, but backwards). :)

Monday:
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, 4 pieces of beef bacon
Lunch - Martin's salad bar with olive oil & vinegar dressing (Newman's Own)
Snack - hand full of crispy almonds
Dinner - Primal Pizza with homemade sauce, mushrooms sauteed in garlic and butter, pepperoni, and goat mozzarella
Dessert - fresh strawberries
Verdict: I used zuchinni for the pizza instead of eggplant (because I couldn't find any) and I didn't get enough of the water out, so it ended up needing to be eaten with a fork. BUT it tasted wonderful! Also, didn't eat enough - my calorie count for the day was way too low for a breastfeeding mother. Will try harder tomorrow. 

Tuesday:
Breakfast - smoothie made with goat's milk kefir, avacado, and frozen berries
Lunch - 2 hamburger patties topped with goat cheese, turkey bacon, and mustard with steamed California vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) with butter and garlic salt
Snack - Grapefruit
Dinner - sausage and green peppers (I made a side of soup but was too full for it!)
Dessert - fresh strawberries
Verdict: I did much better on my calories today. And I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I like grapefruit! (I peeled them and just ate the pulp, but still, yummy!) I didn't need a nap today, although the thoughts of middle-of-the-night snacks like muffins and crackers and pretty hard to mentally deal with. It's so helpful to have my husband by my side this time around. <3 

Wednesday:
Breakfast - smoothie (see above)
Lunch - local grass-fed bunless burger from Boom Boom Burgers
Dinner - salmon patties (made with almond meal instead of bread crumbs) and steamed california vegetables with butter and garlic salt 
Dessert: fresh straberries of course!
Verdict: Hubby and I enjoy finding options when we're out of the house (which is way too often, to be honest) and Boom Boom's is definitely a great pick! Their bunless option includes a "bun" of lettuce on each side so you can still pick it up. I love having a locally-sourced grass-fed alternative to fast food! Also, the salmon patties were amazing (I threw in some old bay and plenty of salt and pepper). They were the perfect thing when you're craving something breaded, fried, and salty.

Thursday:
Breakfast: eggs and bacon (and Hubby cooked!)
Lunch: Martin's salad bar and homemade vegetable soup
Snack: Grapefruit
Dinner: Turkey-Lentil Chili only with venison sausage and parmesean "crackers" (little piles of shredded parmesean cheese baked at 325 for 6-10 minutes)
Dessert: Yup, more strawberries
Veridct: I know I cheated a bit with the crackers in that they're made with cow dairy and not goat, but really the cravings were so strong that it felt like the best possible compromise (and Hubby is doing cow dairy, anyway, so I'm the only person it affected). 

Friday:
Breakfast: omelet with venison sausage, turkey, pepperoni, and goat cheese
Lunch: leftover chili
Dinner: vension steak with cabbage steamed with butter and bacon
Verdict: I brined the steak in entirely too much salt, and I wasn't too into the cabbage. But the omelet was awesome!

Saturday:
Breakfast: Eggs and sausage at Bob Evans
Lunch: Totally forgot to eat, oops!
Snack: Grain-free cheese crackers
Dinner: Grilled chicken ceasar salad at Applebees
Verdict: Saturdays are grocery days and are therefore terrible for actual food. Breakfast never works because we're out of food until we go to the store, lunch either doesn't happen or happens on the run because we're out grocery shopping, and after all that, nobody ever feels like cooking for dinner. I know the ceasar dressing was most likely not ok, but oh well. Call it a loss, move it along

Sunday:
Breakfast: Smoothie (see Tuesday)
Lunch: leftover chili
Dinner: chicken salad with Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing
Dessert: Gluten and grain-free strawberry vanilla cupcakes (recipe coming soon!)
Verdict: Good way to end the week. Weigh-in tomorrow morning as we head into week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment