Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mincraft, Continued

So, my first Minecraft quilt still is not put together. It's not that I don't have all the pieces - I finally do. The front is completely together, the back is completely together, but for some reason when I try to align the 2 so I can quilt it all, I just can not get it to match up. So that's been put aside for the moment, until I can get together with the grandmaster quiltress (aka my mother-in-law).

In the meantime I've been trying to sketch out plans for the other 2 tops. I came up with 2 tonight - going to have to pass them by my husband (the Minecraft expert) and see what tweaks he suggests before I consider them "final" and start cutting, but here they are, in all their first-draft glory.

Don't mind the scribbles around the edges - it was my attempt at texture for the cobblestone. lol Here we have a cow, a jungle tree (and sprout), sand, water, and a cloud. Pretty basic, but I kind of really like it.

I tried to go a little more difficult with this one - not sure if I'm ok with it or not. The inside of a house made of stone. A bed, Steve, a window, and upstairs there's a chest and a furnace. Like I said, I'll consult with the Minecraft expert tomorrow.

Also, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet, but for Christmas I got my very own Accuquilt!! (If you've never seen an accutquilt before, check it out here! It's a god-send for people like me who struggle to cut a straight line, and it makes the longest part of quilting (the cutting part!) so incredibly fast.) While it still means consulting with the grandmaster quiltress (because she doesn't want me to buy dies she's already paid for), it DOES mean I can borrow any dies she's not currently using and do the cutting at my own house. This is huge. I'm incredibly excited. I already have plans for multiple quilts after these, and I'm going to be teaching my girlfriend and best friend how to quilt by making pot holders sometime soon (because ours walked away in the last move). 

So, what do you think? Any suggestions for tweaking my patterns? Are Minecraft players dazed and amazed yet? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment