Saturday, November 2, 2013

Damnit, Jim! I'm a seamstress, not a...

My sewing machine's name is Jim. And it's great because when I get angry with my machine, you will often here "Damnit Jim! I'm a seamstress, not a small engine mechanic!" or "Damnit Jim, I'm a seamstress, not a sewing machine engineer!" ect. Yes, I'm a huge nerd.

We're still steadily unpacking a little at a time, so today with the first time since moving that Jim got to come out and play. I had to patch a pair of Daddy's jeans (BOOORING...), had to hem some of our curtains (and I have so many more to do!), and then - after the minions went to bed - I got to quilt!! I looked back and it seems the last entry I made in this book was my original plans for the Minecraft quilt. WELL...the top of quilt #1 is nearly finished! I added 1/2 of the cobblestone border tonight.

The Master Chief Minecraft quilt :D Top is almost done, fabric is bought for the back...all I need now is the fabric for my obsidian and I'll be able to put it all together!

Jim and his new home. Everything you see there was in its own room in our old house. I fit an entire room into a corner of the dining room. Eeep.

So I'm excited to have Jim back, even if he does get on my nerves fairly often. :) Just being able to say "Damnit, Jim!" again makes this place feel more like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment