Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Planning Stages

 Now that my quilt is done, I'm moving on to doing some for my boys. Since we can't buy a house right now, I'm trying to focus on things I can do to be happier with my home that don't involve serious projects you can't do in an apartment or a rental home. The idea of matching quilts for the boys' beds seems like a good place to start for me. :)

So I had this brilliant idea that since my kids like Minecraft so much and Minecraft is mainly a bunch of squares, anyway, that it would make an easy quilt. So I've been sitting here sketching out some possibilities. So far I have 1 I'm definitely keeping and 1 I need to re-do before I decide if it's usable or not.

This is the keeper.  I love that it includes the Halo skin for Minecraft as well, so I got 2 video games in one. :) I'm sure my oldest will claim this one.

This one I messed up on (Steve got put too high so his head got cut off) but is a really basic one with a well, Steve, a creeper, stone sidewalks, and the edges of buildings

I started one with a tree and a cow, but I'm not entirely happy with it so I need to work on that one some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment